EnTrade, which is a trading name of Wessex Water Enterprises Limited, part of Wessex Water Limited, is
committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
About us and why we need you to give us information about yourself
We want you to understand why and how we will collect and use the information you give us or we get about you and other people so you know what we're doing with it.
As we're asking for this information, we need to make sure that it is looked after even when we need to give it to someone else to do things for us. The law calls this responsibility being a 'data controller'. We also have a Data Protection Officer whose job it is to make sure that we treat information as the law says we should and do as much as we can to look after the information you give us. If you want to get in touch with us please see the details at the end of this Notice.
We operate a website which allows you to register on-line and enter a bidding process for funding for implementing environmental measures. To do this, we'll have to ask you for enough of your personal information to register and participate in on-line auctions. The legal basis for us gathering and using this information is so we can conclude a contract to obtain funding based on your bids.
To register, we will need you to give us your name, address, email address and contact details. If you wish to bid for funding, we will use this information and ask you to provide details of the land to which the funding bids relate. We may also need to share your details with other parts of the Wessex Water Limited group of companies (if they are involved in helping us provide our services) and to people who we pay to provide parts of the service to you and any organisations we have chosen to assist us. We may have to release your information if the law says we have to provide it to an organisation when something in particular happens like a court order is served on us or we are involved in the legal process.
We explain this more in the rest of the policy which we hope you'll read carefully.
Just so you know, Wessex Water Enterprises Limited is registered as a data controller at the Information Commissioner's Office under registration ZA043152. Wessex Water Enterprises Limited is registered under company number 2279151, our registered office is at Wessex Water Operations Limited, Claverton Down Road, Claverton Down, Bath BA2 7WW
What personal data do we collect about you?
We may collect and use your personal data in the following ways:
• Information you give us. You can give us personal information by filling in forms on our website: https://entrade.co.uk/ (our site) or by contacting us by phone, email or otherwise. This might be information you give us when you register to use our site, sign-up to or use a service, place a bid during a transaction, update your details with us, upload images of the measures you've put in place through funding, get involved in discussion boards and other social media areas of our site or enter a competition, promotion or survey. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, phone number and confirmation of farming practices.
• Information we collect about you. As well as you giving us information, we may gather it when we are providing a service to you. This will include, for instance, on your farming practices and other information concerning environmental activities which is entered on the bidding platform. This can help us to design future schemes.
• Information we collect about you when you use our website. Whenever you visit our site we may automatically collect the following information: technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; information about your visit, including the full uniform resource locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
• Information we receive from other sources. We work closely with a number of people or organisations we trust (including business partners, companies we use to provide technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
How do we use your personal data?
We'll use your personal data in the following ways:
• to process and respond to requests, enquiries and complaints we receive from you;
• to discuss products and services provided by you;
• to provide products and services requested by you;
• to manage and administer your registration;
• to communicate with you about services provided to you;to communicate with you about services available to you;
• to make sure our records are correct and up-to-date;
• to analyse trends and profiles (including your bidding history);
• to carry out market analysis (on a non-personal basis);
• for audit purposes;
• to carry out customer satisfaction research;
• to improve our products and services;
• to stop someone committing fraud or help catch them;
• to comply with something the law says we must do;
• where you have said that we may do so, to recommend products and services that we believe will be of interest to you or contact you about offers or other marketing promotions. You can update your preferences or withdraw your consent at any time through our site;
• to help third parties to carry out any of the purposes above on our behalf.
How do we share your personal data?
We will not share your personal data unless we need to as part of providing services to you or the law lets us do so. If we do have to share your information then we'll keep it to a minimum to let the person or organisation do what we've asked or as the law requires. We may need to share your information with other organisations as follows.
We sometimes use agents and service providers to process personal information on our behalf. For example, we may use other companies to send out letters and other documents and to maintain our IT systems. Where we use other organisations to process your personal information, we will ensure that they have adequate security measures in place to safeguard it.
We may share your information with our business partners to provide services to you and/or receive services from you.
We will release your personal information when we're required to do so for legal purposes or as part of legal proceedings.
We may give information we hold about you to a third-party as part of the process of selling one or more of our businesses, in which case we may provide your information to a prospective buyer. We will disclose your personal data if we're under a duty share your personal data in order to comply with any legal duty, or in order to enforce our rights and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
We may share information with advertisers and advertising networks or other carefully selected partners that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
We share information with analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the making our site better and easier to find on the internet.
We may transfer or share your information with other companies in the Wessex Water group for the purposes we've explained but if we're going to use it for something other than supplying products and/or services or for a reason you wouldn't normally expect then we will explain why by letting you know about the changes and, if we need your agreement, then we'll check you are happy with this before we share it.
We carry out customer satisfaction surveys through a specialist company who we ask to check what our customers think of the service we provide so we can act on the feedback to make our service better.
Where we store your personal data
All the information you give us is stored on our secure servers. If we have given you a password (or you have chosen one) then you need to keep this password confidential. Please don't share your password with anyone.
To get the best value for money when we improve our computer systems and websites, we use part of Wessex Water Group's IT development services which are based outside of the European Economic Area. Some development projects may involve them working with your information. If this happens, we will take proper steps to keep your information safe through European Union approved contracts and by making sure your information stays protected within our own UK security arrangements using high standards of encryption in any transfer.
Unfortunately, sending information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data sent to our site by email; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent someone who doesn't have our authority to access it.
How long we need to keep your information
We will need to keep details about your use of our services for as long as you use our site and platform and then for 6 years after that as we may need to refer to it to sort out any differences or problems that arise after our relationship ends.
You have a series of rights to do with the information we hold about you. These are:
• Your right to be informed - this Notice is an example of this. We may need to update this Notice if we need to do something different with your information and so we may change it on our site. We will also provide you with details about how we use your information when we collect it from you.
• Your right of access - you have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. Please email requests to email@example.com or contact the Data Protection Officer whose details appear at the end of this Notice.
• We have a calendar month to respond to your request for information. If we need more information to process your request, we will contact you to let you know.
• Your right to erasure - customers who are individuals have the right to request that their personal information be deleted where there is no longer a legitimate purpose for it being processed.
• Your right to restrict processing - you have the right to ask us to restrict or suppress our use of your personal data. If we agree that we should stop processing it, we will still hold it but will not use it.
• Your right to rectification - it is important that the information we are holding is accurate and up to date so if you think any of your information is incorrect or needs updating then let us know and we will correct it as soon as we can.
• Your right to object - if you don't want us to use your personal information any more then you can ask us to stop what we're doing with it. Please bear in mind though that we need it to provide services to you and we may need to keep your data for a certain amount of time as we've explained above. You can also ask us not to use your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise this right at any time by using the Personal Details page on our site, contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting our Data Protection Officer whose details are at the end of this Notice. If you ask to stop using your personal information then we will contact you to confirm the position as there may be some circumstances where we will have to continue using it.
• Your right to information about automated decision making - if a human being isn't involved in making a decision using your information and it's done automatically, then you can ask us about how the decision is made.
• Your right to data portability - you have the right to ask us to give you a copy of the personal information you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable form. With respect to certain rights, we may ask for a copy of your passport or driving licence and for a copy of a document that shows your address before we can respond to a request.
Links to other websites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy notices or policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these notices. Please check these notices before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Changes to our privacy notice
We will update this privacy notice from time to time to keep you informed of any changes to the ways in which we use your personal data. Any changes we may make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on our site and, where appropriate, notified to you by email. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy notice.
If you're not happy and have issues with the way we've dealt with your information or your rights then you can ask the Information Commissioner's Office to look into what we've done. They can be reached at ico.org.uk or by phone on 0303 123 1113.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy notice are welcomed and should be emailed to either email@example.com or please write to:
The Data Protection Officer
Wessex Water Operations Centre
Claverton Down Road